Inland Empire Region
Guided Pathways Student Leadership Institute
Centering diverse voices, the Guided Pathways Student Leadership Institute will address issues relevant for a thriving community college environment and will integrate topics including: Public Speaking, Personal Branding & Messaging, Goal Setting, Data Analysis, Community Engagement, Advocacy and major policy issues impacting the community college system.
Taking Place: Fall 2021
Participants: Inland Empire community college students who are involved in student activities, student services, or campus organizations such as Umoja, First Year Experience, EOP, Puente, etc.
Program Overview: Program Training Activities
- 2-Day Intensive Retreat
- 5 Monthly Sessions (Saturday Mornings)
- Grooming and coaching opportunities that support leaders’ learning and skills development
Policy Focus Areas: Participants will be exposed to five major policy areas as a foundation to their public leadership.
- Student Support Services
- College Affordability/Financial Aid
- Academic Services
- Faculty Diversity
- Connections to Employment
Session Agenda: Monthly sessions will be divided into three developmental components
- Systems Change
If your college is interested in participating or you would like additional information, contact Ann Marie Sakrekoff, COO, Growing Inland Achievement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority Populations for the Initiative
Students who are involved in student activities, student services, or campus organizations such as Umoja, First Year Experience, EOP, Puente, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as a student leader
- A deep-rooted commitment to improving the educational outcomes of college students
- Focused on social justice
- Enrolled in selected Inland Empire Community Colleges through April 2022
- 2.0 GPA Requirement
Connection to GIA's Regional Goals
Increase educational attainment, with specific emphasis on accelerating success for historically marginalized student groups.
Foster an efficient, high-quality education system that creates equitable access for all students.
Build equitable structures in education to eradicate systemic racism.
- Inland Empire Community Colleges
- BLU Educational Foundation
Initiative Contact Person
Ann Marie Sakrekoff, COO, Growing Inland Achievement