Join the GIA Team
Growing Inland Achievement is a regional K-16 education collaborative that works to achieve educational and economic equity. We research issues and opportunities, resource innovations and solutions, and connect diverse stakeholders to transform the Inland Empire through education.
We value our employees’ time and efforts, and we work to maintain a supportive work environment and culture, where people can learn and grow with the company. We also strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere so that each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. For our full-time positions, competitive salaries are enhanced by an extensive benefits package that includes the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation, sick, and floating holidays
- Future growth opportunities and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Paid Internship | Education Chat Podcast Producer and Host
Podcast Producer and Host for Education Chat
Part-time Paid Internship
Location: Fully Remote
Hours: 10-15 per week
We are seeking a motivated and talented Paid Student Intern to join our podcast production team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the creation and production of GIA’s student-focused podcast, “Education Chat.” You will be responsible for conducting research, scheduling and interviewing guests, editing and uploading content, and promoting new episodes. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in content creation and podcast production with a team of experienced professionals.
The candidate for this position should be very comfortable conducting on-camera interviews and have excellent planning and time management skills. Experience with audio and/or video editing is a plus.
- Research and Stay Informed: Conduct research on trending and developing stories in the education sector of interest to students, then utilize that knowledge to develop compelling new show topics and ideas.
- Planning and Scheduling: Building a schedule of topics and guests and coordinating times for interviews.
- Writing: Craft compelling and thought-provoking questions for guests and creating a dynamic and engaging plan for discussions.
- Hosting Conversations: Facilitate insightful conversations with show guests while being recorded on video.
- Production: Editing video content and collaborating with the GIA communication team to ensure a smooth and well-organized production process and a high level of quality and consistency.
- Ability to conduct professional on-camera interviews
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to craft compelling interview questions and content.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Familiar with social media platforms and their role in content promotion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Proficiency in video and audio editing software and experience with podcast production is a plus.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Jake Poore, GIA Director of Communication, at [email protected].
33562 Yucaipa Blvd 4-209
Yucaipa, CA 92399