- This event has passed.
Continuing to Reach & Retain International Students: COVID-19 & the SAT
July 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
International admissions have been upended by the COVID-19 pandemic, making the future of student mobility uncertain. The SAT continues to serve as a trusted global credential for universities in the U.S., and elsewhere, that are seeking to reach and retain a globally diverse community of students. This webinar will provide timely updates and trends, including the results of a new validity study focused exclusively on the relationship between the redesigned SAT and the academic performance of international students attending U.S. universities. Panelists will also share data and insights on international students who participated in the SAT and results from a recent survey on international students’ decision-making process in light of the pandemic. An interactive panel will highlight voices from a variety of perspectives. Ample time for questions & discussion will be allotted.
From this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the role of the SAT as a global credential for admissions within a variety of institutional contexts.
- Apply learnings from ground-breaking, first-of-its-kind validity research, examining the relationship between SAT scores and international student outcomes, providing valuable context to enhance your approach for evaluating international students.
- Gain actionable insights from the analysis of the international participants of the SAT and international student survey to inform your international recruitment and enrollment management strategy.
- John Wilkerson, Assistant Vice President for International Services; and Executive Director of International Admissions IUB and Regional Campuses, Indiana University
- Shawn Felton, Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Cornell University
- Mingyu Chen, Post-doc, Ph.D. in Economics, Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
- Emily Shaw, Executive Director, Research, The College Board
- Linda Liu, Vice President, International, The College Board
What: Continuing to Reach & Retain International Students: COVID-19 & the SAT
When: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 1:00 – 2:15 p.m., ET
Who: U.S. higher education professionals and K-12 educators outside the U.S.